Friday, February 22, 2008

30 Days and counting....

It's officially 30 days to go till due date! Luckily, we were both home as we both had a snow day. Of course, we were both so giddy with the idea of being home all day for FREE that we couldn't fall back to sleep after I got my 5am call. Thankfully, nap time was no problem later on. Since we're approaching the "scary wait and see" time, I took it upon myself to make sure I got crackin' on washing some stuff for the baby. Busted out the big jug of Dreft detergent and pretty much got all the newborn stuff washed and ready as well as blankets and towels. Anything else that is bigger in size, I'm holding off on till baby is already home. You never know! He could skip sizes! I am really looking forward to having the nursery assembled next Friday (one week from today) and that way I can wash whatever needs to be on the crib etc. However, the baby will probably spend little time in his crib till he's a bit bigger. During the day for nap time, maybe. I must be entering the "nesting" period but am taking it with stride. I also accomplished making sure my hospital bag is all set and ready to go. Mike's "Daddy" bag still needs to be assembled, and once he does that, I think he'll be even more nervous than he is already! Me? I'm all set and ready for this little guy to make his debut! But I could use another two - three weeks of freedom.

No comments: