Not sure if it was as bad for Jack, as it was for me, but we both survived his one month check up and his second Hep B shot. Anyway the results are in....
Jack now weighs a WHOPPING 8 lbs. and 10 oz. and is 21 inches long! At his last check-up during week 2 he was 6 lbs. even, so this is a BIG gain and one everyone is happy about! He does however seem to have some reflux issues as well as some severe gas so he will not be sleeping too much flat on his back (so much for his bassinet and crib)! He has already been sleeping more in his bouncer than anywhere else as the upright position helps him. We did get him a special sleep positioner for the bassinet/crib and he tries it out here and there but always seems to be more comfy in his bouncer. Like mother like son maybe? I slept more in my bouncer-type seat when I was an infant for the same reasons, but Doc said it's not a genetic issue. So until he seems to get better and grow out of it, we'll deal! Just as long as he continues to gain weight and be happy and healthy, we don't care - he'll have plenty of time to get back into a bassinet and crib!
In the meantime, if we're out and about he seems to be quite comfy and sedated in his car seat! He's certainly not looking forward to the 2 month check-up (neither are we) as he will receive some other shots, however, Mommy is spacing them out over a two week period rather than doing all four needed ones at once...just prolongs the torture of him crying, but I hope it's better to be safe than sorry.
I was happy to hear that I can leave the house with him now! Although they really recommend no direct contact with too many people, especially children, he can get out now that cold and flu season is ending and warmer weather is setting in...Thank god, because I was getting restless being cooped up! Even a short trip to the supermarket to pick up a few things will be a welcomed trip out!
Off to feed this big guy (again)....
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to hear that Jack is doing so well.
I guess you were right, he is a voracious eater.
That's a prodigious weight gain over the course of only 2 short weeks. Good for Jack.
Post a Comment