Monday, August 25, 2008
The Day Finally Came....
Today was my first "official" day back at work and Jack's very very first day of "day care." How did I do, you ask? Because no one asks how the baby did of course! Well, I was a bit choked up and anxious on the way there and I thought it would've been a LOT harder than it actually was. He was very happy when I dropped him off, and was smiling and seemed quite relaxed. I lingered a bit, and then, when I got in my car, breathed a sigh of relief and went right to work to distract me. Sue insisted I could call as much as I wanted to check in, but I actually held out three hours before checking in! When I did, I was so glad to here he napped, scarfed down his bottle and was at the park in a swing having a good time with Sue and her grandkids who tagged along! When I finally went to pick him up the kids couldn't stop telling me how funny Jack was and all the things they did with him. Jack was smiley and a bit tired from all the fun! He passed out the second I drove away and slept for an hour and a half! He was SO tired, he even went to bed way earlier than his usual 7:45pm bedtime....he was asleep by 7pm! I just hope tomorrow and so on go as well as today did...for both of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YEAH! I am so happy to hear that he did so well! Hayden's first day of school/daycare is Sept 3. and I am nervous as well. I am so glad Jack had a great first day! How was yours?
Post a Comment